BENEFITS OF USING PERMANENT MOLD CASTING
HPC North American Corp. is a leading provider of high-quality industrial parts such as aluminum castings and CNC machined parts worldwide. We cater to a wide variety of applications such as medical equipment, industrial machinery, pumps and valves, transportation, aviation, and military and defense. Equipped with up-to-date machines and equipment, our trained engineers and professionals will ensure we can provide you quality products and cost-competitive services.
What is Permanent Mold Casting?
Permanent mold casting, also known as gravity die casting, is a die casting process wherein molten metal is poured and allowed to flow into the mold with the aid of gravitational force. Two important factors in the permanent mold casting process are the molten metal flow and heat transfer from the molten metal to the die during solidification.
Permanent Mold Casting Equipment
Aluminum is one of the materials used in permanent mold casting. In this case, it's the type produced more by HPC North American Corp.
Commonly used machines types for permanent mold casting are:
1. Simple Hand-Operated Die Set. A manually operated machine used for smaller-scale production with an estimated production of around 1,000 parts.
2. Carrousel Machine. An automatically operated machine with multiple dies used for larger-scale production averaging 1 casting per minute or around 200,000 to 300,000 parts per year.
Parts of Gravity Die Casting Equipment
Benefits of Using Permanent Mold Casting
The following are the benefits of permanent mold casting:
1. High Density and Dimensionally Stable Castings. A controlled heat transfer during solidification of the cast yields a product with high density, uniform grain structure, and very low porosity. As a result, the product has improved mechanical strength and high-stress tolerance even at elevated temperatures; this makes it suitable for applications where dimensional stability is of primary importance.
2. Exceptional Design Accuracy. Highly complex designs with smooth surface finishes can be fabricated using permanent mold casting. In addition, automated machines can reproduce complex designs with very narrow tolerances, ensuring consistent castings.
3. Reduced Casting Cycle Times. During solidification, the heat flows from the molten metal to the die. Since this process utilizes a hardened steel die, the heat transfer rate is higher than that of sand or ceramic molds. A higher heat transfer rate reduces the casting cycle times of permanent mold casting. This means this process has a high production rate. Because of this, products can be delivered in a shorter time.
4. Competitive Cost. Compared with other casting processes, the products obtained from permanent mold casting have high design accuracy and dimensional stability, making them cost-competitive.
We, at HPC North American Corp. ensure our products are high density and dimensionally stable; this makes them suitable for fabricating larger pieces of equipment. Our foundry and machining division is also equipped with automated pouring machines and state-of-the-art CNC turning and machining equipment to guarantee our products and services meet your design specifications. We use only the highest quality raw materials. We have an in house quality control lab equipped with Spectrometer to meet material composition and CMM (coordinate measurement machine) to meet dimensional specifications. We also offer a wide variety of metals to choose from such as aluminum, brass, steel, stainless steel, and titanium.
As one of the die casting processes, permanent mold casting has undoubtedly played a major role in producing the products we use today. Moreover, HPC North American Corp. is committed to continuous advancement to become increasingly efficient and economically competitive. We aim to provide our consumers with casting products of high design accuracy and excellent properties.
If you are interested in the products and services we offer, or have further inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.